Site Quality Manager or Project Manager
The Quality Inspector is responsible for supporting and assisting the Project Manager and/or Site Quality Manager with the overall administration and management of the Project Specific Quality Program. The Quality Inspector will be responsible for the quality on-boarding for employees and the organization of all quality documentation required by Becht Industrial Group as defined in the prime contract documents.
This role requires interfacing with all craft employees as well as Becht Industrial Group’s supervisors, client personnel, subcontractors, and vendors. He/she must have demonstrated the ability to manage all aspects of a Quality program on projects of increasing complexity, including the skills and abilities to oversee and manage all aspects of a Quality program on highly complex industrial projects with exceptional management and leadership abilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to work collaboratively and execute work independently; maintain excellent rapport with team members.
- Participate in constructability reviews and task planning.
- Self-motivated; high degree of initiative; correctly prioritize and successfully complete competing assignments; effectively manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and be an influential leader as it relates to Becht Industrial Group’s culture and values.
- Gather, evaluate, and assimilate input from supervisors and employees related to work practices, and implement effective work plans.
- Produce quality work that meets the requirements of company policies, procedures, and industry standards.
- Champion Becht Industrial Group’s culture, values, and ethics; be an exceptional team player and communicate effectively across all functional areas of the company.
- Always represent Becht Industrial Group in a professional manner.
- Provide Quality reports and data to clients as required.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Becht Industrial Group’s Quality Manual and assist in developing site-specific quality plans.
- Identify needs for implementing Inspection and Test Plans.
- Provide support for and lead Quality onboarding and training sessions.
- Support craft superintendents with site-specific Quality consumables (e.g., electrodes, welding lenses, etc.).
- Support and lead Quality audits, craft observations, and Quality Leadership Meetings.
- Ensure Quality metrics are compiled and submitted weekly.
- Participate in stretch/flex and morning gang box meetings.
- Act as Quality Site Representative in the absence of Quality Manager.
- Report all non-conformances and rework events.
- Ensure subcontractor kick-off meetings are held.
- Ensure timely and complete root cause investigation of Quality incidents, rework, and track/ensure timely completion of non-conformances.
- Implement and promote Stop Work Authority in collaboration with the HSE Team.
- Function in a supervisory capacity and effectively manage direct report(s).
- Maintain and promote a safety work environment for Quality team personnel.
- Comply with all client and Becht Industrial Group safety procedures and requirements.
- Conduct work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 1-5 years of experience on construction projects managing Quality or a related area
- CWI, ASNT, API, AISC or ACI certifications (client may dictate required certifications)
- On-the-job experience in training and inspections preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel extensively and be assigned to project locations for several months at a time
- Basic understanding of project drawings, specifications, technical data, assembly methods, and O&M manuals, and financial principals
- Able to work in hazardous industrial environments, particularly refineries and chemical plants
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)