Senior Director of HSE
Senior Director of HSE
Chief Operating Officer
This position is responsible for directing all HSE activities and providing safety leadership throughout the organization while developing, implementing and managing HSE programs and policies in all of the industries in which Becht Industrial Group operates. The ideal candidate is results-driven and will help develop and reinforce a safety-focused organizational culture while continually ensuring compliance and building safety awareness.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop organizational strategies and initiatives that reinforce a safety-centric organizational culture.
- Provide safety leadership for all Becht Industrial Group projects and throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain strong client and employee relationships to ensure all projects are completed safely.
- Lead and develop the safety team, and staff projects with competent and qualified safety personnel.
- Develop and monitor safe work practices, and modify as needed to ensure compliance with OSHA, client and company policies and procedures.
- Perform case management activities and provide timely communication to all stakeholders.
- Advise senior management of applicable OSHA and regulatory requirements.
- Develop KPIs, monitor progress and provide reports to senior management.
- Travel to client sites as needed to provide safety leadership and support, and observe work practices.
- Conduct incident investigations and compliance audits.
- Develop and conduct HSE training programs.
- Manage third-party safety consortium accounts such as ISNetworld, Avetta, etc. to ensure continual compliance with client requirements.
- Develop and manage relationships with HSE-related vendors.
- 10+ years’ experience in managing HSE for industrial organizations, preferably in the refining and petrochemical industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Safety and Environmental Management or related field is preferred.
- Safety Professional Certification required.
- Extensive case management experience required.
- Proven experience leading HSE initiatives on large-scale projects.
- Strong knowledge of applicable OSHA regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of incident investigation and job hazard analysis procedures.
- Strong organization skills and ability to maintain composure in high-stress environments/situations while effectively managing multiple high priority activities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to travel to client sites as needed, sometimes with little notice. Travel estimated at 50-75%.
- Able to work in hazardous industrial environments, particularly refineries and chemical plants.