Health, Safety & Environmental Director
You will be responsible for leading site safety efforts and continuously promoting a positive safety culture in order to achieve incident free operations and achieve project safety milestones for a mechanical services company in the oil and gas industry. In this position you will effectively identify project safety hazards and risks and assist with development of safe work plans utilizing your previous safety experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish proactive working relationships with operations group in order to promote safety, meet safety goals and continuously strive for incident free operations.
- Proficient with current Becht Industrial Group, OSHA and state safety and health standards and regulations.
- Prepare safety incident and near miss reports as required.
- Actively promote an incident free operations culture at the worksite.
- Ensure that all required safety documentation is maintained at the worksite.
- Plan and lead tailgate safety meetings in conjunction with the site operations team.
- Spend the majority of the time in the field interacting and coaching employees on safe work practices and adherence to client safety requirements.
- Conduct safety orientations with new employees as required.
- Prepare safety meeting topics and research safety materials needed for active safety meeting participation.
- Review work scopes with operations teams and identify hazards and formulate safe work plans for the projects.
- Continuously identify workplace hazards and implement solutions to maintain zero incidents at the worksite.
- Establish and maintain an open-door policy with employees in order to be a safety resource for the project duration.
- Establish working relationships with client supervision, safety support staff, subcontractors as required.
- Perform daily job site audits in order to maintain compliance with safety standards and client safety requirements.
- Provide initial first aid treatment and ensure that any injured employees receive the proper medical attention.
- Review daily safety documentation including job hazard analysis, work permits, etc., to ensure safety compliance.
- Assist with tracking safety metrics and leading indicators for weekly safety reporting requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience in safety coordinator role or other safety position in industrial safety environment.
- Must possess excellent communication and leadership abilities and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Physical demands include bending, standing, climbing, lifting over 50 lbs., and confined space entry.
- Ability to wear respiratory protection equipment including self-contained breathing apparatus and supplied air respirators.
- Must possess a Class C driver’s license.
- Must be current in First Aid, CPR and AED training.
- Must possess valid TWIC card.
- Must possess OSHA 10 and or OSHA 30 training.
- Extensive travel to project sites in the U.S. is required